[rescue] IRIX 6.5.20f disks

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Thu Feb 26 13:36:56 CST 2004

Mike Meredith said ...
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:22:11 -0500, Caleb Shay wrote:
> > Actually, the patch I'm thinking of is 5086, maybe not the one you
> > need.
>
> That's for doing a live upgrade of 6.5.something to 6.5.2[23] (?); it'll
> probably work for upgrading to 6.5.20 as it's just a new copy of inst
> (but very essential).

Actually, if you can sign on to SGI's Supportfolio website (always a bit
dodgy) and figure out how to show all the patches (find the secret option,
win a free patch!) for your release level (`uname -aR`), then search the
screen (the type's too small to read) for "installation", you'll find the
patch.

Then, if you have JavaScript enabled (always a security concern) and don't
have a popup blocker (ditto), you can get another browser window that will
let you download the tardist, which, if you have a properly set up browser
(need I translate?) will call swmgr and install the patch.

-Shel