[rescue] Ergo input devices [was Re: TouchStream LP]

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Wed Feb 25 21:24:03 CST 2004

Caleb Shay wrote:

[ a nice long review of the TouchStream LP ]

Thanks for the informative first impression.

I've been looking at different keyboards and mice,
since my mouse hand has been getting *a lot* worse
recently, and typing has been bothering me more as
well.

Here's the ones I'm considering besides the TouchStream,
and of course, the classic Kinesis Contour:

<http://datahand.com/index.html>
<http://quillmouse.com/>
<http://www.safetype.com/unique.html>

I'm probably going to go with the Datahand, and
do something similar to the Safetype with it.

I'm definitely going to get a Quillmouse, but will
probably also get a trackball with the raised support
that Kinesis carries and add bumpers to the trackball
buttons so no reaching is necessary.

My RSI was actually started by numberpad use (NetHack
:-/--I have a love/hate relationship with it), and
is now exhacerbated by the mouse.

I've also seen a device that tracks eye movement for
the cursor placement, but I don't have a link for it.

Anyone out there tried getting workman's comp for
keyboarding/mousing trauma?

=Nadine=