[rescue] Serial console on IBM RS/6000 250?

Linc Fessenden linc at thelinuxlink.net
Sun Feb 22 14:33:52 CST 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:11:29 -0500
Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

> >> Locksmiths can not and will NOT cut a key for a Medeco security lock.
> >> I tried to no avail.
> >
> > I'll call bullshit here.  I was an apprentice locksmith for 2 years.
> > You can indeed cut medico keys, but you need a special machine and the
> > blanks are dang expensive as well.  It's an expensive rig to set up,
> > so it's more likely that you won't be able to find a locksmith that
> > could do it, but it definately can be done.
>
>    *bzzt*
>
>    I lived next door to a [non-apprentice] locksmith for years.  Many
> (most?) Medeco blanks are ones that the company WILL NOT SELL to anyone
> not on file as having permission to buy them.  If you have the machine
> (and that's a big "if"), you still won't have the blanks.
>
>          -Dave

That is absolutely correct.  You cannot obtain 3rd party medeco key blanks - they are pattented and not available.  You must buy your blanks from medeco, and they will not sell them to you unless you are a registered and licensed locksmith and medeco reseller.  If you meet those conditions you can get any blank or cutter from them you want.

--
-Linc Fessenden