[rescue] Serial console on IBM RS/6000 250?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Feb 22 14:11:29 CST 2004

On Feb 22, 2004, at 2:46 PM, Linc Fessenden wrote:
>>> A stream of electrons on the network once looked like:
>>>
>>> When I needed to get my SS1000 running I disassembled the powersupply
>>> and pulled the keyswitch.  A local locksmith had no trouble cutting a
>>> key that works very well on the 4-position lock.  Only $8-$12 and the
>>> machine is not damaged in any way.
>>>
>> Locksmiths can not and will NOT cut a key for a Medeco security lock.
>> I tried to no avail.
>
> I'll call bullshit here.  I was an apprentice locksmith for 2 years.
> You can indeed cut medico keys, but you need a special machine and the
> blanks are dang expensive as well.  It's an expensive rig to set up,
> so it's more likely that you won't be able to find a locksmith that
> could do it, but it definately can be done.

   *bzzt*

   I lived next door to a [non-apprentice] locksmith for years.  Many
(most?) Medeco blanks are ones that the company WILL NOT SELL to anyone
not on file as having permission to buy them.  If you have the machine
(and that's a big "if"), you still won't have the blanks.

         -Dave

Cape Coral, FL                   feels a little better."     -Ed