[rescue] Serial console on IBM RS/6000 250?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sat Feb 21 12:13:52 CST 2004

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 11:20:43 -0500
Todd Carson <tc+rescue at jc.dsl.telerama.com> wrote:

> No. I've tried a Sun monitor and a VGA monitor with an adapter,
> neither display anything. I saw on the list archives that the pinouts
> are different between Sun and IBM, so I'm assuming that nothing but an
> IBM monitor, or the right adapter, is going to work.
The 250, at least mine, generates sync on green. Sony OEM Sun monitors
are capable of sync on green, so this should work. Maybe the monitor or
machine get confused by signals on the 10 extra pins? If in doubt use
BNC adapters to connect two 13W3-BNC cables back-to-back together, so
that only the RGB wires are connected.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen