[RESCUE] Any HP/Nextstep PA gurus about?

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Fri Feb 20 17:05:22 CST 2004

Hello William,

> That's the exact drive. It was originally in the Plextor case, but I
> needed it as an internal somewhere along the way and the case is nowhere
> to be found anymore.

  I've just tried it and it does boot into the NextStep installation
  process. I stopped where I am reminded that the CD isn't an upgrade
  because I didn't want to kill my previous installation.

  My settings were SCSI ID #3 for the harddisk and #5 for the Plextor.
  Parity as well as Blocksize are enabled, both the harddisk and the
  SCSI CD-ROM were listed as bootable devices when I asked the PROM to
  scan for them. For both the HP listed "IPL" in the following line
  just below the ID string of the drive.

--
Best regards,
 Gerhard                            mailto:mail at g-lenerz.de