[rescue] Any HP/Nextstep PA gurus about?

Zach Lowry zach at zachlowry.net
Fri Feb 20 07:55:45 CST 2004

Yeah, I had this same deal installing on a 715. I'll tell you what
worked for me. The issue has to do with the spinup timing. There's a
setting I believe you can change to make it wait a bit longer, but my
solution was to fire off a "boot scsi.1" IMMEDIATELY after I insert the
CD (caddy, in my case). This way, the drive is already "spun" and the
boot loader can boot it quickly. Also, there is no problem exhibited
booting Linux or HP-UX. Those CDs will boot the first time, every time.

Zach