[rescue] 1 maybe 2 FREE SGI Crimsons

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Feb 18 19:42:47 CST 2004

On Feb 18, 2004, at 8:23 PM, Carl R. Friend wrote:
>>    Up until I was 29 or 30, I (purely coincidentally) wound up dating
>> string of women who were around 20-21 or so, one after the other.  I
>> ran into that problem FAR too many times, and eventually swore them
>> off.  I call that period the Insane Years.
>
>    Bad plan.  They're not "mature" before that point and can "shift
> gears" too quickly for comfort.  Been there....  Time to move.

   Yup.  I learned that the hard way.

>    Hey!  What's wrong with grey hair?  A damned good chunk of my
> beard is grey now!

   Also as I'm fond of saying, you'll be farting dust any day now. ;)

>>    Now, I'm 34, Julia is 33, and things seem Just Right(tm). :)
>
>    You're a lucky man.

   Not to gloat...but yes, yes I am.  She is wonderful!

>    I got lucky and met a wonderful woman at a wine tasting (got
> dragged there because some of my friends thought I needed "culture"
> (you get that in a biology lab)) who used the most amazing "pickup
> line" I'd ever heard in my life: "What's your favourite computer?"

   Oh My. 8-)

>    I was at the time (1) not interested in any sort of relationsip,
> (2) drinking an oil-can of Fosters Lager (at a wine tasting), and
> (3) figured honesty was the best approach to this as she'll be after
> someone with a "state of the art" taste", so I answered, "PDP-10".
> What started thereafter led to a 15-years-and-counting relationship.

   Kick _ASS_! 8-) 8-)

>    Oh, she's 11 years my senior, thoroughly grey, and absolutely
> wonderful.

   Well...it certainly sounds like she is.  (Wonderful, that is!)

>    Happiness is where you find it.  Even it if does sneak up and
> surprise you....

   Indeed. :)  Julia did sorta sneak up and surprise me, but nowhere
near to the extent that your wife did.  Not that I'm complaining, mind
you...

       -Dave

Cape Coral, FL                   feels a little better."     -Ed