[rescue] Which is faster?

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at dubrawsky.org
Wed Feb 18 19:35:32 CST 2004

So I just got an Ultra 60 off ePay (yeah, I really shouldn't have done it...I'm
about to completely pay off all my credit card debts and I don't need to spend
this money...I've got a customer who is complaining about CiscoWorks VMS on
Solaris and I need to be able to set this up and re-create their problems...
long story...Cisco should really buy this for me....but, oh well) and it's
configured as follows:

Dual 360MHz UltraSPARC II CPUs
768MB memory
2 x 18GB 10,000 RPM disks
Elite 3D graphics (don't really need it since I run these things headless in
		   the lab anyway)

CiscoWorks VMS needs the following:

450MHz UltraSPARC II CPU (single)
1 GB memory
9 GB free disk space

I know I need to up the memory (and I know this for sure since VMS is quite
the memory hog...yeah, yeah...it sucks, but I've gotta figure out the issues
that the customer's having...besides, afterwards it'll be nice to have this
puppy to play around with on some other Cisco software I need to know for
my CCIE lab exam).

My question is as follows (and I'd like to hear opinions here): Would dual
360MHz CPUs be equivalent (or faster) than a single 450MHz CPU?  My gut feeling
is "Absolutely yes", but I'd like to make sure I'm not smoking crack and
missing something.

Ido

P.S. I paid $390.00 for this puppy...and the seller's got another a couple more
     at the following URLs that are currently starting off at $75:

  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3079384517&ssPageName=MERC_VIClosedWinner

  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3079384828&ssPageName=MERC_VIClosedWinner
Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP           		E-mail:          ido at dubrawsky.org
Network Security Architect