[rescue] Resurrecting an IBM RS/6000 model 590

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Tue Feb 17 12:43:46 CST 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 13:26, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:18:55PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >   Don't ever stop this.  Far too few people do this...that's why we
> > have kids running around thinking x86 is a great architecture and
> > Visual Basic is a wonderful programming language.
>
> Feh.  Visual Basic is the programming equivalent of playing with
> colored blocks that squeak when you squeeze them.

I've used it, and have to disagree.  VB is decent programming
language... for making mockup prototypes.  Anyone that uses it for a
production application, OTOH, is a complete moron.  Of course, this
assumes you're writing a valueless application that you only want to
run on windows...

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS