[rescue] S/390 anyone?

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Tue Feb 17 11:46:55 CST 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 09:15, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3078634647&categor
>y=1479

>From what I can tell from the pictures and auction listing (the pictures
don't show what the cards are labelled on the blue tabs, and the
listing doesn't seem to say for most cards):

1/2GB Central Storage (RAM)
1 OSA-2 TokenRing/Ethernet card (yes, both on one card)
5 ESCON cards (20 channels total)
5 Parallel Channel cards (15 channels total)
probably 200-480VAC power supply (at least 200/240V 3phase power supply)

I can't tell what Gen/number of processors there are from the
description.  It looks like it comes with the power cables, which is
good, but you should check that it comes with the HMC/SE that controls
it (Hardware Management Console / Service Element).  That's basically
just a PC running OS/2 which controls the machine and lets you power it
up, configure it, and load O/Ses.  It looks like Multiprise 2003's
(which is what that is) are either Gen 3 or Gen 4 boxes.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS
Information Technology at Purdue