[rescue] Re: [geeks] IKEA "Jerker" desk instructions?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Feb 16 20:58:00 CST 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Sadly, I *really like* the SE440BX-2 Intel board, since I have a pile
> (literally, a 2' pile) of P2 slot-1 CPUs here..  now if I can just find
> a magic hoard of free PC100 64/128meg sticks, I'm business...

There's nothing at-all wrong with that board.  It's bar-none the lowest-
latency, most reliable Pentium II platform out there.  My roommate in
college had one, and I was consistently impressed with how smoothly that
box ran.  It degraded under load like Real Hardware and was a -lot-
faster than P2s on other boards at the same clockrate.

It is, however, as much mainframe as the Mac IIfx in my closet.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."