[rescue] Re: [geeks] IKEA "Jerker" desk instructions?

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Feb 16 18:18:21 CST 2004

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 04:40:49PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 15:49, Dave McGuire wrote:
>
> >    Well the computer rooms I've worked in haven't had "resident"
> > operators.  No mainframes, and only a few minis.
>
> The key defining element for Computer Room vs. other appelation, is the
> percentage of machines in the room that are actually:
>
>  1) Plugged into a power source
>  2) Turned on
>  3) Running something other than an entertainment screen saver
>
> (Of course, points will be deducted for having a tidy, organized
> presentation, if said room is in a domestic setting ;^)

OK, after three tries, I have abandoned my efforts to stitch together
digital photos to create a single pseudo-panoramic view of what *we*
refer to as "the office".  But we consider it our home office, not our
computer room and certainly not our machine room.

 : alaric at caerllewys.net|alaric-ruthven at earthlink.net|alaric at novylen.net  :