[rescue] Re: [geeks] IKEA "Jerker" desk instructions?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 16 15:37:24 CST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 15:46, Bill Bradford wrote:

> My latest bathroom reading is "When Wizards Stay Up Late", which is *still*
> a good book.

"Where Wizards Stay Up Late" - a good read, as is "Fire in the Valley"
(PC industry "history"), "Dealers in Lightning" (Xerox PARC history),
"Starving to death on $200 Million" (History of "The Industry Standard"
magazine), and "Crypto" - but please, with all due respect, avoid "In
the beginning... was the command line" - what a waste of wood pulp...

To be fair, it was more or less as advertised, but the author plays fast
and loose with the facts, and it is 100% his opinion, supported by
little more than his frustration with losing an MS Word document and
converts to Linux... The quotes on the cover from reviewers are, simply,
overstated...

> also: found my copies of "IBM's 360 and early 370 Systems" and "IBM's Early
> Computers" recently. YAY!

Don't you have book shelves for your reference books? ;^)

--
======
Lionel