[rescue] Re: [geeks] IKEA "Jerker" desk instructions?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Feb 15 23:31:15 CST 2004

On Feb 16, 2004, at 12:26 AM, Bill Bradford wrote:
>>> Here's my current computer room (well, as of 1.5 years ago, but its
>>   Can anyone remember when the term "computer room" meant a big room
>> full of racks and no people?
>
> I call that "data center" or "machine room".

   Yeah I'm trying to adopt the "data center" term.  But before
everybody and their brother had a PeeCee at home, "computer room" had
been the accepted term for, what, forty years?

> In this case, "computer room" is "the room where the computers
> reside", as
> there are none in the rest of the house.

   Yeah.  For most laypeople, "computer room" seems to mean "the spare
bedroom with a Windows machine on a tiny desk in the corner".  Sad.

           -Dave

Cape Coral, FL                   feels a little better."     -Ed