[rescue] Adaptec 39160

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Sun Feb 15 05:20:23 CST 2004

> Does anyone know if the Adaptec 39160 dual channel Ultra160 LVD card is
> supported by Solaris? Didn't Sun rebadge these at one time? Somebody gave me

Don't know about Solaris, but this reminds me of another problem with PC
SCSI cards in U5. I did put an Adaptec 2940UW and some Symbios 53c875
(both with PC ROMs) into my U5. Since they have no F-code ROM, I can't
boot from them but that's acceptable. Both ran fine in Linux 2.4 so I
decided to benchmark NetBSD and OpenBSD and Linux on this U5. But
neither NetBSD nor OpenBSD (both latest releases) didn't support either
of the SCSI cards. NetBSD had drivers for both but they didn't work.
OpenBSD had driver for only one of them and it didn't work either.

So this leads to my question: do OpenBSD and NetBSD accept only SCSI
cards with F-code ROMs on OpenFirmware platforms?

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)