[rescue] Sun E4500 Performance Question

James Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Sat Feb 14 19:45:54 CST 2004

My E4500 is running Solaris 8 02/02 right now with 14x167mHz US-I
procs.  A kind soul has traded me 6x250mHz/4mb US-II procs.

For general use (light compiling, light encryption, etc.) what does
anyone here think would be the more usable configuration?  Obviously, I
might save a bit of electricity by reducing the number of power/cooling
modules and system boards I run.  I don't know if the coming
de-supported status of US-I procs in Solaris 10 will affect me, but I
doubt it.

Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks!