[rescue] [OT?] Linux on a SS2

Kay sunfriek at ussonet.net
Sat Feb 14 12:00:56 CST 2004

> > Would be interesting to see what OpenBSD's PF would do in terms of
> > performance - the PF code is considered to use much less CPU than IPF.
>
> How hard is it to convert the rules from IPF to PF?  Is IPNAT the same
> as it always was?

my NAT rules havent changed in YEARS... thru lots of revisions of IPF..
ipf has been rock solid on my LX... only had a few Panics (bad versions) of
ipf..

alot of my problems with the LX are memory.. if the LX supported more , id
be ok
. i had thought of moving to a Sparc 4 with the QFE but decided the move to
Cisco hardware since im working on my CCNP towards my CCIE.

regards