[rescue] [OT?] Linux on a SS2

Kay sunfriek at ussonet.net
Sat Feb 14 11:23:51 CST 2004

my firewall is a Sun LX with 128megs of ram and a sun QFE with Solaris 8 and
IPfilter and has served me well since before 1997.. it worked all the way
from a dialup connection to a T1 connection..

the LX is struggling now to keep up with IP filter running with NAT and my
firewall rules. since they upgraded me to a 3Megabit connection both ways ..

im working on the config of my Cisco 2514 and Cisco Pix. that will replace
the LX in the next few days..

just my $.02 cents....

regards