[rescue] another sandia/los Alamos auction

Stephen Sukovich ssukovich at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Feb 13 19:14:49 CST 2004

>>The E150 should be a reasonable machine, especially for file serving.

i plan on putting all my mp3s on it, and maybe hooking the thing up to
the stereo, and maybe putting together some web-based playlist type
setup for playing it. My girlfriend would love to have all her cds
ripped and stored somewhere so she doesn't have to go digging.
	How is the sound on an ultra 1 type motherboard? Horrible good?
	Also its where our communal storage for buffy, angel, and
stargate episodes will go.

>It sounds like a bad PSU to me.  Though, possibly it could be a glitch
>on the motherboard (and possibly that glitch was caused at some point
by
>bad power).

The thing ate 2 sticks of 128mb pc133 cas2 sticks of ram. I bought
thoses too when ram cost real mega dollars. Oh and I believe it ate a
netgear gigabit Ethernet card too... or the card just never worked right
in the first place. Thankfully my nice 3com server nics with those sweet
sweet risc processors on them survived the being ate. I would also say
it ate 3 maxtor harddrives. 40gb 80gb, and a 8gb. But I think that was
just Maxtor drives...

Stephen Sukovich