[rescue] another sandia/los Alamos auction

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Thu Feb 12 23:13:37 CST 2004

Stephen Sukovich wrote:

>I left purdue when the place was moving. The Computer science labs had
>tons and tons of ultra 5s in them that we did our java development on,
>and the other labs had Pentium 3 500 and flat panel monitors that we
>used visual J++ on.

Well, i guess that they're moving again, in that case.  where were they
before the move you're talking about?
AFAIK, the labs still have the u5's, i was hoping to see them show up at
salvage when i used to go there, but they never did, and my friend who
is down there hasn't seen them there yet either, but i don't know how
often he goes by there anymore.

>Funny how as a computer science major there I never touched C or C++
>only java... guess that's why I left before finishing up my degree. Oh
>well once my girlfriend finished college she gets to take over the role
>of sugar daddy then I can go back to college :)

Around what timeframe were you there?  I started in fall 1997, and left
after spring semester 2002, also without my bachelor's.  There was
several semesters off in there, however, i was in the co-op program
(hence the job in valpo).  I was in CPT, but had some friends in CS.

    -Dan Sikorski