[rescue] another sandia/los Alamos auction

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Thu Feb 12 22:19:15 CST 2004

Stephen Sukovich wrote:

>>Where in Indiana?
>>

>Valpariso, Indiana. Its in the northwestern part. Ahhh I don't know if
>it is still open though it was on i-75 I believe after wal-mart near
>sager road. That may not mean anything to anyone but me but im horrible
>with directions.

Been there, can't remember the name of the place either.  I was even
guessing that place from your earlier description.  I had a coworker
that bought a laptop from that guy.  it's off of US-30 near 49.  I used
to work in Valpo, lived in Plymouth, i live in Mishawaka now.

>I haven't been to it since I left to go to college at purdue. Which they
>had a salvage place too. A friend of mine got a sparc 5 I believe from
>it. Then again im not sure if purdues salvage is still around... I was
>at purdue last march visiting some friends. I didn't stop by so I have
>no idea

I had a six foot tall stack of sparc5's that i and some friends bought
from purdue salvage.  I got a TON of stuff from there, and i might even
be able to make that statement literally.  From what i understand, the
place has dried up though.  They either moved to a new building, or will
be moving soon, and the guy who used to run the building with the
computer stuff got a different job within the university, and there's
another guy running it.  It's too bad, i was on a first name basis with
the previous guy.

    -Dan Sikorski