[rescue] another sandia/los Alamos auction

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Feb 12 13:31:39 CST 2004

On Feb 12, 2004, at 2:22 PM, Stephen Sukovich wrote:
>>   You must be living in a different Florida than me, Steve. ;)  Not to
>> sound defensive, but I chose *here* over anywhere else in the country,
>> and I'm glad I did.
>
> Luckily you are living in the part with all the crays, and im in the
> part with working at a major theme park in tampa where the foreigners
> stiff you on the tips all the time. Now that I got that out of the way
> ^_^

   Hmm...time to move. :) I'm in the process of moving from St.
Petersburg to Cape Coral (hopefully today's truck trip will be the last
one!)...It's very sparse down here compared to St. Pete, but my
girlfriend is here (0.5mi from here in fact) and I'm still close to the
water.  It's WAY hot in the summer, but still ~10deg cooler than DC,
and none of those &*&$%&^ ice storms in the winter!

> I choice to move down here to to live with my girlfriend as she goes to
> USF, and florida is a better place to live in then most places.

   ...which is exactly why I moved here. :)

> My real comment was that so far there hasn't been much chance to
> rescue/steal anything nice for me down here in florida. Maybe I need a
> mentor to teach me in the way of scrounging since im new at this :)

   I've missed the DC area surplus market, but there are a couple of
good places down here.  Do you know Dan Nunkovich in Orlando?  He runs
a nice outfit.  His prices are sometimes high, but he's knowledgeable,
his equipment is generally in excellent shape, and he's a stand-up guy.
  I haven't been out to see him in a while.

           -Dave