[rescue] Axil Sparc Ultima Firmware Password Issue

Phil Savoie psavoie1783 at rogers.com
Thu Feb 12 12:45:58 CST 2004

On Thursday 12 February 2004 12:44, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Phil Savoie wrote:
> > Is there a way around this?  Axil is out of busines and there is no
> > manual or CD's.
>
> If the machine is running Solaris, I believe you can reset the
> security-mode with the eeprom command.

Hi Jonathan,

That's the trick.  You see, in order to do that the machine must be up with
the os runnining.  Unfortunately, it is sitting at the boot prom.  In order
to run a boot command, the password must be satisfied.  So as you can see, we
are back to square 1.  I really appreciate your reply and thank you anyway,

Phil