[rescue] Sun Keyboards and Mice Available

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Wed Feb 11 17:03:35 CST 2004

On 2004-02-11 10:00:11 -0500 Kirill Levchenko <kirill at lava.net> wrote:

> I have the following Sun keyboards and mice available:
>
> 4 mechanical Type 5 mice (3-button D-shape)
> 3 optical Type 5 mice (3-button D-shape)
> 1 mechanical Type 6 mouse (3-button peanut-shape a.k.a. "crossbow")
> 2 optical mouse pads for optical Type 5 mice above
> 4 Sun Type 5c keyboards
>
> and a probably non-Sun
>
> 1 Logitech Series/2 mouse (model no. Series/2 7S, old-looking
> 2-button,
> mini-din connector, but didn't look closely, so not sure for what
> system)

I've recently picked up a Classic sans keyboard+mouse, and being a bit
of a Sun newbie I'm not sure what I need in the way of devices to be
able to use this thing.  I would just serial console it, but after
digging through piles of cables and adapters, I haven't managed to
find a combination that would connect to both the Sun and my PC or
SGIs.  Would one of these keyboards and mice work for me?  If so, I'll
take a couple of mice and keyboards.

Caleb