[rescue] HP 9000/715 Keyboard Adapter Module?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Feb 11 04:08:35 CST 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:50:04 -0500
"Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at cmhcsys.com> wrote:

> > As I mentioned earlier, I scored an HP 9000 715/64 cheaply that I
> > wish to run Nextstep on. Unfortunately, it does not include it's
> > keyboard adapter module. Does anyone here have a module and cable
> > for this machine that they would be willing to sell?
> I could have sworn the HPs I had were 715/64s, and used PS/2 mice and
> keyboards....
The 715/(64/80/100) use standard PS/2 keyboards and mice. But there
wasn't enough room on the back of the machine for all the connectors. So
these machines come with a small box that has a HP-HIL, a PS/2 keyboard
and a PS/2 mouse connector on one side and is connected with a 10 pin
cable to the machine. There is no electronic in the box, it is just a
small break out box.

The older 715/(33/50/75) are HIL only. They may look similar, but they
are quite different to the later 715/(64/80/100). (Different CPU and
chipset, IO bus, firmware...)
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen