[rescue] Resurrecting an IBM RS/6000 model 590

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Mon Feb 9 16:32:28 CST 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    IT SHIPS ME THE MASPAR OR IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN.

No MasPar for you vector boy! :) This thing is waaaaaaay too big to ship
it, and I do not know how to deal with freight. It is a 4 cabinet system,
with the actual front end system, and a slew of manuals. It is one of the few
complete of such machines that I know of. There are some folks from a
computer museum that may show up to pick it up, so I give preference to
them (since the machine will be in a public place so people can actually
learn one thing or two about what was SIMD :) ). The onys is also a full
rack system, so it may go to the same place. The 595 also seems to be
spoken for... so that was pretty quick.