[rescue] Resurrecting an IBM RS/6000 model 590

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Mon Feb 9 08:44:40 CST 2004

I just shipped a rather large unit to switzerland. Had it packed by The
UPS
Store actually (as they should know what they do right?). I rather pay
the
few extra bucks to get it packed right and then if there is any
insurance
thing going on I can say they packed it. So actually the rather big
object
of course got damaged shipping to switzerland. But no physical damage
to the outside of the box. Just the long transport has set a part on the
mainboard loose that scratched up the board a bit and cut the connection
to a memory slot. Sucks....

-- Thomas