[rescue] Where was this disk tray used?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 14:19:04 CST 2004

--- "Carl R. Friend" <crfriend at rcn.com> wrote:
>    On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Meelis Roos wrote:
>
> > http://www.cs.ut.ee/~mroos/disktray.jpg
>
>    That's from a SPARCstation 1 or 2.
>
>    Another chap mentioned an SS10.  This is incorrect; the SS-10 uses
> four little rubber/plastic "feet" installed on the side of the drive
> that engage "wells" molded into the bottom of the SS10's case.

Yep, dunno what I was thinking... I think because I saw one of those
brackets, and just started dinking around inside an SS/10, my brain
assumed they went together.

The SS/10 wheel/well mechhanisim also has some "wedges" to secure the
drive (I think there is also a wedge or two inside the lid/top of the
case)...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall