[rescue] The FrankenPIX is complete!

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Feb 6 23:47:32 CST 2004

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 03:59:02PM +1100, Robert Rose wrote:
> Hmm SE440BX-2 you say?.... I got me one of them with a P3-450......

I've got a pile (literally, seven or eight processors) of P-II CPUs
at work that we yanked from a bunch of old Dell machines before we
scrapped them.  I'm *really* liking the SE440BX board - and they're
widely available on eBay for around $10-20 shipped.  This one was
$18.50 with shipping.

I think if I can find a good source of PC100 RAM, I may buy a few more
boards, throw them in cheap $30 cases, add some smallish IDE hard drives,
and have a bunch of boxes to experiment with things on.

I really like that the board auto-detects the CPU - today while working
with different configs, it was like "power off, unplug power, pull P2-450,
plug in P2-266, plug in, turn on".  No jumpers or anything.

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net