[rescue] Q: Preparing for SS/20 build tonight...

Janet L. Campbell janet at foonly.com
Fri Feb 6 22:17:37 CST 2004

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>
> > Ugh.  I meant SS10.  The SS20 (currently quad-HyperSPARC, I think) is
> > still running.  The SS10 had quad procs and the dual ST15150N discs.
>
> I asked Alex.  It had dual SM82s and dual ST15150N discs with no
> aftermarket ventilation.

The SM82s will be functionally identical to SM81s in sun4m systems.  The
second megabyte of E-$ can't be used.

Dual ST15150N disks without high quality ventilation will kill the disks
and/or the pizzabox in short order.  When I had a SS20/812 in the house, I
ran it without internal disks for a year without incident.

-Janet