[rescue] OT: Should I Cisco Cert?

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Wed Feb 4 15:03:25 CST 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Nadine Miller wrote:
> You can sign a contract and not be on scholarship.  If you do,
> it's like delayed entry for enlistment.
> In ROTC if you do sign a contract, they pay you a monthly
> stipend iirc, but you don't get tuition/fees/books like
> the scholarship folks do.

What's the benefit of signing a contract if they don't cover
your tuition/fees/books?  Is the monthly stipend a different amount than
scholarship cadets get?  When I was in, the scholarship folks
joked about the stipend being "beer money" because that's about
all it would cover.  It was well under $100/month.

-DanD

# Next to being shot at and missed, nothing is really quite as satisfying
# as an income tax refund.  -- F. J. Raymond