[rescue] WTB: Two Intel eepro100 PCI NICs

Björn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Mon Feb 2 01:03:56 CST 2004

Bill Bradford wrote:

> Be afraid.  Be very afriad.  Basically, they're black now instead of
> off-white.
>
> http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/platforms/index-dl.html
>
> (and yeah, it was Proliant, not Presario)

The DL-line? Man, they surely kick x86-ass... I'm entirely happy about
them, and yes, they've gone *FAR* from HP's usual x86-crap when they
bought Compaq. Compaq thereselves did some major redesigning when they
went black - no more SmartStart requirements, and ass-kicking RAID on
motherboard.
I wouldn't trade any Proliant DL-server for any other x86-gear.

/Bjorn