[rescue] Favorite Keyboards (audio recording!)

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 22:10:30 CST 2004

Was reading this thread, had to chime in.. I'm somewhat proud of my
typing ability, I've been tested accurate at 130-140 wpm. I type with
3 fingers + thumb on my left hand and one finger on my right + thumb.
My pops got me a TI-80 when i was 4 and i learned to type on it. I
have no idea why I dont use all my fingers, but it probably has
something to do with the small keyboard, and if i think about it while
i type, i find it really strange to watch one finger on my right go
all the way up and down the keyboard.

Luckily for me my elementary school and middle school typing teachers
completely left me alone, and didnt try to teach me the standard
method. I could pound oout 150-160wpm (obviously inflated) on Mavis
Beacon consistently.. Did any of you have to learn to type using that?
It had a racecar simulation where the faster youd type, the farther
away the other car in the rear view mirror would be.

-- Aaorn