[rescue] Way OT: How to deal with Computer with Roaches...

james james at jdfogg.com
Fri Dec 24 09:25:45 CST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 02:11, Kay wrote:
> i got a computer that has Roaches in it ... 90% of them are dead.. only found
> 2 alive..
> threw the keyboard in trash ... it was full of roaches and wasnt gonna try to
> salvage that ..
>
> is this a Pitch item in trash or is this a try and salvage  operation??? but
> how???
>
> this is the 1st one i have come across in my life with bugs...

I've mentioned this before. Almost anything electronic can be
dishwashered. Use a lot less detergent. Follow with a few quarts of 90%
rubbing alcohol to chase the water out from under stuff and then leave
in the sun (summertime) or in a sunbeam in a warm dry spot for a few
days.

This works great for grungy keyboards of the irreplaceable type.