[rescue] Wanted: 16M 72-pin parity SIMMs & Dell GXa CPU board/RAM

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Thu Dec 23 21:12:18 CST 2004

> > With everyone buying and selling RAM, I thought I might as well jump on
> > the bandwagon :)
> >
> > I need 6 16M 72-pin parity SIMMs to max out one of my SPARC classics.
> > Anyone have any they wanna let go cheaply?

I might still have some. Lemme look and reply back later if you still need
this.

> > On an unrelated note, I'm also looking for a CPU board for a Dell
> > Optiplex GXa (PPro 200) that will allow me to add a second CPU. They
> > seem to be unobtanium, even on ePay :( Similarly, I need 64M or
> > larger ECC EDO DIMMs for this beast.

Memory from most Compaq Proliants should work just fine in that.

> If the system is ATX form factor, I think I still have a Micronics
> W6Li dual ppro mainboard around.  Might even have 2 256K or 512K
> cache 200mhz procs on it still....

No it won't fit. The GX series boxes are way proprietary. On a side note the
W6Li is a nice board. I still have one with a pair of PPRO PII 333 MHz
OverDrive procs installed. My only complaint is no way to boot from CD-ROM
(Old BIOS)

> as I recall it has on board SCSI as well (adaptec chip I believe).

Yepper has a 2940 UW built in IIRC. Also has a built in Sound Blaster 16. Like
I said, nice board (for PeeCee stuff).

--
Mike N