[rescue] Replacing the glass in a scanner

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Dec 18 22:50:49 CST 2004

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 @ 18:02 -0500, Thomas Gallaway said:

> We had a client drop something on a brand new scanner once. Took the
> broken glass to a glass store down the street and they cut it just the
> right size. Cost us $2.50 to replace and was working great.

On a related note, I got a DEClaser 3500 PostScript printer from
cleaning out an old workplace with Ethan.

Printouts were blurry and faded on the right side.

It turns out the lens between the laser compartment and the toner
compartment was just dirty.

I broke it trying to remove it the clever way (as opposed to the right
way).

A glass shop cut me a replacement which I'm using now, and it seems to
work fine.

The only caveat is that the original lens was 1/32 inch thick, and I
could only get 1/16 glass cut, at least where I looked.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." --
Unknown]