[rescue] Windows 2000

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Dec 16 15:45:09 CST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:

>> Yep.  I even have CDs of the last beta at home.  It's about like NT 4 on
>> Alpha: blazing fast, but largely irrelevant due to the lack of available
>> applications.
>
> What's application availbility matter if you can write your own?

If I had Visual C++ for RISC platforms, it wouldn't be a problem at all,
but I think that's about the only tool missing from my stack o' MS
stuff.

> Of course, if you are writing your own, you might as well pick
> whatever you like best to work on.

Which might be NT4/AXP.  It's incredibly fast and stable.  You can tell
there's some DEC code in there.

But, realistically, I'd rather pick a POSIX-like platform or, perhaps
VMS.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "I've built my whole system with [-fomit-frame-pointer]
Elgin, TX        (  cause it was recommended...as I don't care if a program