[rescue] Re: VA Linux risers, etc

james james at jdfogg.com
Wed Dec 8 12:33:20 CST 2004

> Anyone out there have drive rails for VA Research boxes (they are
> grey plastic with a metal 'spring' locking tab at the front of the
> rail.  No part #s on the rails :-(.  They are adjustable, and have
> markings for adjustment as such:
>
>  1|3|5|7|9
>  _________
> (_________)
>
> They are not standard AT size, rails for an Enlight AT case don't
> fit, nor do rails for LEO (FIC) cases.... the case has 3 5.25" bays
> but I only have rails for one bay :-(... and it's a really well made
> case.  Anyone know who made the cases ????

Gee, this wouldn't be for a StartX model, would it? I have a StartX, but
my rails are in use by a CD drive. The rails sound indentical to what
you are looking for.

btw, my StartX is my primary workstation and runs Linux. As old as it is
it performs nicely (dual PIII 500mhz, SCSI and gig-O-ram).

I've seen StartX's on ebay going cheap, might be worth it for parts.