[rescue] Origin Node board question

Paul Hortiatis obi at frozenphoenix.net
Fri Dec 3 16:24:45 CST 2004

Steve Hatle wrote:

>My mail had flaked out from the list right after posting this- if anyone
>responded, I didn't see it, so could you please reply again (off-list if
>it's already been hashed out there)?
>
>If there were no answers, then I guess I'll have to wing it <grin>
>
>Steve
>

>>From: Steve Hatle <shatle at nfldinet.com>
>>Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:02:39 -0600
>>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>>Subject: [rescue] Origin Node board question
>>
>>All,
>>
>>On my new Origin2K, all the node boards had been pulled out before I got it.
>>I checked them all to make sure the memory was in the right banks, etc.
>>
>>I've looked at all the compression connectors, and they seem OK- not dirty,
>>etc.
>>
>>My question is about re-installing the boards correctly. The boards had been
>>slid back in, but the compression actuators and board ear screws were loose.
>>I've not been able to find any info along the lines of do you tighten the
>>compression actuators first, then the board ear screws, or vice versa? Also,
>>how tight to the compression actuators need to be- finger tight, tight as
>>possible by hand, some specific torque level or ?
>>
>>TIA for any help,
>>
>>Steve

I'm not sure of the "correct" way to tighten the screws but on mine I
tightened them as tight as possable with one of theose small books of
allen wrenches (pocket knife of just allen's) and tightened them untill
they stoped, there was a little flex in either the long screw or the
allen tool and i stope then, and that was about as tight as they were
when i got the system. As far as the order I think i have done it in
just about every order posable and nothing wen't wrong.  I just had a
compression connector messed up buy the seller of my system. He handeled
one of the node boards too much and din't know not to touch the conector.

Paul