[rescue] Ultra 2 memory interleaving

Daniel Johannsson djohanns at northwestern.edu
Fri Aug 27 16:58:31 CDT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> Just a quick q:
>
> Does the Ultra 2 do memory interleaving?

It was always my understanding that the Ultra 2 did a non-optional 4-way
interleaving, since Sun says to add memory in groups of 4 dimms, and
states that the datapath is 576bits in the system handbook.

> Under Solaris on a U2 I get no temp readings, which is understood, but
> does the U2 do any interleaving at all, or does it do it but just not
> make the info available to prtconf?

My Ultra 2 also never listed interleaving in prtconf.  Again I just
assumed this was because it was non-optional.  Anyone know the real
reason?  What was the first Sun box to show interleaving info in prtconf?

later,

Dan Johannsson
djohanns at northwestern.edu