[rescue] U5/U10 CPU/main board interoperability

Walter Belgers walter+rescue at belgers.com
Fri Aug 27 12:36:46 CDT 2004

Rox wrote:
> > Is it possible to blow up a CPU (or mainboard) when swapping CPUs on a
> > U5 or U10?
>
> In an infinite universe, almost anything is possible, but it's more
> likely that one or more of the pins on the processor module has bent
> during insertion. It's easy to do, but very difficult to spot.

So obvious and yet so easy to overlook. Yes, it was a bent pin. Luckily,
I haven't fried it and my U10 at least is working again!

Thanks, you made my day :)

Cheers,
Walter.
--
Walter Belgers         "Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus
walter at belgers.com       Latinis alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!"