[rescue] Re: q on D1000

ghub005 ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Aug 24 21:48:28 CDT 2004

Patrick said:

I have a diff scsi card in my Ultra 2, and 12 drives in the D1000.

however, I can only "see" half the drives.  How do I configure things
such that all drives can be seen?  Do I need to connect the SCSI out
of side "A" to the SCSI in of side "B" ?  Or is it a simple DIP
switch
change?

The D1000 is a dual bus array. The A side sees six disks and the B side sees
the other six disks.

The DIP switches in the centre set (among other things) the ID range used on
each bus. Provided you haven't set the ID ranges to overlap, you can simply
bridge both arrays using a short cable.

Regards,

Gavin