[rescue] Very Small SBUS System?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 14 08:08:31 CDT 2004

> From: "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at cmhcsys.com>
> Date: 2004/08/14 Sat AM 02:02:09 GMT
> To: "'The Rescue List'" <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: RE: [rescue] Very Small SBUS System?
>
> Michael Dombrowski writes ...
>
> > What's the smallest complete SBUS system? I need:
> >
> > Ethernet
> > Serial
> > 1x Open SBUS slot for my card
> > Decent CPU (see below)

Is size *that* important? An Ultra 1 would be able to do almost anything (network appliance-wise), and would offer you up to three SBUS slots, or two and 10/100 ethernet)... They aren't *that* big ;^)

If you have nothing to start with (meaning no base systems, no well-stocked parts bin), start with an Ultra 1 - usable systems are available for very little on ebay...