[rescue] Very Small SBUS System?

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Sat Aug 14 01:43:51 CDT 2004

On Friday 13 August 2004 19:04, Michael Dombrowski wrote:
> Hello All,
> What's the smallest complete SBUS system? I need:
>
> Ethernet
> Serial
> 1x Open SBUS slot for my card
> Decent CPU (see below)
>
> I know the Sparcplug is pretty darn small, and would
> be great for my uses except that the case would
> increase the size quite a bit. I seem to remember that
> it came with a custom case that was very small, but I
> can't seem to find one. CPU speed isn't so important
> for me, SM51 would do it, but no slower which rules
> out lunchboxes. Also important is availability, if I
> can't get my hands on one it's not much use to me.

The SparcStation LX and SparcStation Classic use a 50MHz proc, which is
the same MHz speed as your SM51, but I'm not sure how much cache it has
- though from what google finds it's not much.  And, they're both in a
lunchbox formfactor.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/