[rescue] Very Small SBUS System?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 13 22:10:27 CDT 2004

> From: Thomas Gallaway <rescue at port11.net>
> Date: 2004/08/14 Sat AM 02:40:35 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Very Small SBUS System?
>
> Michael Dombrowski wrote:
>
> >Hello All,
> >What's the smallest complete SBUS system? I need:
> >
> >Ethernet
> >Serial
> >1x Open SBUS slot for my card
> >Decent CPU (see below)
> >
> >I know the Sparcplug is pretty darn small, and would
> >be great for my uses except that the case would
> >increase the size quite a bit. I seem to remember that
> >it came with a custom case that was very small, but I
> >can't seem to find one. CPU speed isn't so important
> >for me, SM51 would do it, but no slower which rules
> >out lunchboxes. Also important is availability, if I
> >can't get my hands on one it's not much use to me.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Mike
> >

> There are Sun IPC/IPX's with a 170mhz microsparc upgrade. Mike
> Nicewonger used to have a bunch of them.

If you want one of these, contact me off-list, I think I still have one kicking around the basement (from Millersburg College, IIRC ;^), but I haven't powered it up for a while...

Also, the SPARCPlug fits in a 5 1/4" full-height drive case, and if you want to add a CD-ROM and HD, you will need a dual full-height cabinet (or quad half-height)...

The IPCs with the microSPARC upgrade take 30 and 72 PIN RAM too...