[rescue] Rescued: SGI Visual Workstation 320

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Fri Aug 6 08:21:34 CDT 2004

The 1600SW is a nice little LCD monitor (very bright) but i
personally believe it gets more hype than it deserves.  It's much
smaller than a"normal" 17" LCD, as the top and bottom are chopped
off to get the 16:9 (or whatever it is) aspect ratio.  All of
that may have been great when it was new, but as you pointed out,
there are much better deals to be had these days.  The 17"
LCDs that came with some Dells here in the office beat it out
IMHO.  They are larger, just as bright and have both VGA and DVI
inputs.

That and the video card/multilink adapter thing is a PITA.  I
bought it to use on my Octane, but ended up throwing it on an x86
linux box, using the Number 9 card it came with.

I kept mine for about a month before it went back on ebay.

/KRM