[rescue] A Question about Snap Servers

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Mon Aug 2 20:04:46 CDT 2004

>>Are you talking the physical box, or the system design? ;^)
>>(Couldn't resist... Seriously, what would a 12 year-old PC look like?
>>Pentium? 64 Megs of RAM?)
>

> Too funny! I still have Pentium 166's in use, chugging along daily until
> the disk dies.

  My firewall is still a P133. I still have the first box I loaded
Oracle on: a Linux 486 with 16M or RAM running Oracle 7.0 for SCO Unix.

I have a 486 running now, a PS/2 9595 with a token ring NIC:

ssandau at barney:/proc$ uname -a
Linux barney 2.2.16 #3 Sun Aug 3 23:52:38 EDT 2003 i486 unknown
ssandau at barney:/proc$ cat cpuinfo
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: unknown
cpu family	: 4
model		: 0
model name	: unknown
stepping	: unknown
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
sep_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: -1
wp		: yes
flags		:
bogomips	: 24.88

And, I still have my very first machine: a Compaq luggable 8088. Kinda
like carrying a suitcase to have a pencil, but cool at the time.