[rescue] A Question about Snappy phone stuff

James james at jdfogg.com
Mon Aug 2 11:30:09 CDT 2004

> We have a merlin legend in our house (two roomates and myself). It does
> pretty well, although I don't use the phone much either. As a matter of
> fact, I'm thinking eventually I will probably move to economy phone
> service (incoming free, outgoing pay). Cell phones are crushing the need
> for wireline.

I've used Merlins, System 75, Nortels and A1A'a at home, but now I have an
Iwatsu ZTD. The ZTD is fitted with Active-Voice Repartee voicemail and lots
of analog station lines to support my collection of old/unique phones. The
only digital sets are in my office and my wife's office. I also have the
relay board option and by using key sequences I can control 4 groups of
outside lights. I also have the card that allows for autoattendant.

I recently did a proper wiring job and setup of my phone stuff and
documented it here...

http://home.jdfogg.com:8080

It's 12:30pm my time (eastern US), give me about 30 minutes to make that
website available. I have to move my webserer to port 8080 cause my frikin
cableco just recently blocked port 80 (thanks a lot microsoft!).