[rescue] A Question about Snap Servers

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Aug 2 00:29:35 CDT 2004

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

>> And the audio chip in the 'classic makes it useful to keep around as a
>> monitoring box.
>
> Using the microphone to monitor things, or do you mean using sound for
> alerts?

Using sound for alerts.  I can probably dig up some Star Trek kalxon
sounds and have my Mac presynthesize some spoken error messages, seeing
as how I probably won't be able to get ahold of Majel Roddenberry to
read them for me.

> I often forget my Sun's have audio, and I do have some audible alerts
> that have saved me some trouble on occasion.

Yes.  I might be able to ignore email alerts, but few things get my
attention better than a little blinking box that screams FWEEEEEE!.

--
Jonathan Patschke )"We're Germans and we use Unix.  That's a combination
Elgin, TX        (  of two demographic groups known to have no sense of